1971 Boroughmuir class.

1971 Boroughmuir class.

Monday, 12 December 2016

Monday, 13th December, 1971



It's pretty much the darkest mornings of the whole year just now-it's actually still dark when I get the 16 bus back to Oxgangs from Morningside, never mind when we a' travel down first thing oan the 6.00 a.m. bus.





Iain and I were both off school. After breakfast I took a wee tootle up tae Ewarts and bought in a wee stash o' comics, including 'The Hornet'; 'Scorcher'; and the 'The Dandy' so I spent a guid part o' the day reading them.






Later oan we got our sleeves rolled up and tidied the house for Maw coming back home from work at teatime, including having the fire lit.




Nobody was out at all tonight. 

It's funny the way it ebbs 'n flows-it's almost as if there's a wee touch o' telepathy rather than the telephone, (which of course none o' us have ) at work and everyone decides simultaneously that we'll just have a wee evening in. 




I sat in and watched telly-I'm going to watch 'The Rivals o' Sherlock Holmes'.

No comments:

Post a Comment