1971 Boroughmuir class.

1971 Boroughmuir class.

Monday, 26 December 2016

Sunday, Boxing Day, 1971



The good weather continues-crisp and cold but sunny allowing a bunch o' us to enjoy a very guid game o' fitba. Brilliant fun and it wiz just great to be able to get outside oan Boxing Day and run around. 


I had another game o' footie later on, but across in the playground toward dusk under the street-lights. 




Unfortunately, Stephen Westbrook kept spoiling for a fight during the game and picked a fight wie me and I ended up kicking him in. I hated the whole thing and it's not like me to get involved in that way-probably the only fight I've had a' year-I would rather run a mile than get involved. Anyway it a' started off in front of everyone and I just had tae feign some chutzpah and get oan with it. No doubt everything will return to normality. Afterwards and to make things worse, I ended up having a bad fall on to the concrete late oan in the game-feckin' OUCH!, I'm being hit from a' sides!




I came back to 6/2 and settled down to watch 'High Society' oan the new telly-it wiz brilliant-a great film with some lovely tracks. Just thinking of auld 'Louie Armstrong' singing the soundtrack brings a smile to my face.




I'm planning to go out for a wee run with Paul later oan at 7.00 pm. tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment